Murnahan Public Relations was recognized with an Award of Achievement, Thursday, Nov. 3 at the 5th Annual Greater Fort Worth Public Relations Society of America’s (PRSA) Worthy Awards for its work in the debut of Medical Center Alliance. Hired shortly after turning dirt, the firm was charged with reaching out to the community to build awareness of the new hospital and its coming capabilities during construction and in its initial months of service.
“Management wanted to make sure its employees were a key feature in the outreach of the new hospital,” said Brian Murnahan, President of Murnahan Public Relations. “We profiled the employees on Facebook, found speaking opportunities for staff and actively recruited volunteers to support events. In addition, employees reached out helping create memorable events at the hospital and in the neighboring community.”
Working with hospital management, Murnahan Public Relations quickly developed a multi-dimensional outreach and branding program geared for the construction and early launch of the Hospital!
- Development of key messages, images and graphics.
- Developed sponsorship package for Medical Center Alliance utilized during its first year in operation.
- Establishment of a speaker’s bureau.
- Outreach events with local municipalities, churches and home owner associations.
- Coordination and outreach for hospital hosted events including familiarity events for children.
- Supported employee recruitment outreach and job fairs.
- Media and social media monitoring and rapid response to inquiries.
- Maintain the hospital website.
The Worthy Awards were MC’d by Donovan Lewis, “The Great Donovan” by those who follow his daily sports show on The Ticket, Sports Radio. The Worthy Awards were held at the Fort Worth Club with more than 160 people in attendance including corporation communications teams, local public relations and advertising agencies and their clients. The night was highlighted with the Communicator of the Year, JPS CEO Robert Early and the Best in Show being the anti-drowning campaign put together by the team at Cook Children’s Health Care System.
Brian Murnahan in a 12-year member of the Greater Fort Worth Chapter of PRSA and this year was the Worthy Awards Sponsorship chair, the 2016 Treasurer-Elect and is the incoming 2017 Treasurer.
Established in 2012 by the Greater Fort Worth Chapter of PRSA, the Worthy Awards showcase exemplary programs and tactics created by public relations professionals in the Greater Fort Worth area. This year, the judging of the awards was performed by members of Rochester, NY Chapter of the PRSA.